– Born 1965 in nürnberg (nuremberg), germany.
– Thomas Finkler is currently based in stein near nürnberg (nuremberg).
– Graphic design studies at the university of applied sciences in nürnberg (nuremberg, 1988-1993).
– Since then passion for fine art nature and landscape photography.
– Following his studies Thomas Finkler worked as a graphic designer with focus on print media and digital image processing (1993-2013).
The artist is mostly inspired by the nature and countryside near his hometown. Short distances to the favorite hot spots make it possible to watch the interplay of light and color through the seasons.
Twenty years of professional experience as a graphic designer had a big influence on his photographic view. His style can be characterized as a search for mood and minimalism, with a keen eye for light, forms and details. By making use of techniques like intentional camera movement or shallow depth of field, Thomas Finkler adds a poetic – sometimes melancholic – note to his works.
The artist considers digital processing techniques just as important as shooting in itself – the unique interplay of photographer and graphic designer. Many images and all series are created both in color and monochrome.
The series "dramatic skies" and "seasons in the woods" are very much dedicated to his first life as a graphic designer – always trying to find the balance between order and chaos.