– Born 1965 in nürnberg (nuremberg), germany.
– Thomas Finkler is currently based in stein near nürnberg (nuremberg).
– Graphic design studies at the university of applied sciences in nürnberg (nuremberg, 1988-1993).
– Since then passion for fine art black & white photography, fine art nature and landscape photography and minimal fine art photography.
– Following his studies Thomas Finkler worked as a professional graphic designer and digital imaging expert, specialized in adobe photoshop and later on also adobe photoshop lightroom (1993-2013).
The artist is mostly inspired by the nature and countryside near his hometown. Short distances to the favorite hot spots make it possible to watch the interplay of light, shades and color through the seasons.
Twenty years of professional experience as a graphic designer had a big influence on his photographic view. His style can be characterized as a search for mood and minimalism, with a keen eye for light, forms and details. By making use of techniques like intentional camera movement or shallow depth of field, Thomas Finkler adds a abstract, poetic and sometimes also melancholic note to his works.
The artist considers digital processing techniques, known as fine art composite photography, just as important as shooting in itself – the unique interplay of photographer and graphic designer. Since 2018 photo artist Thomas Finkler is also inspired by multiple exposure photography techniques, combining abstract surfaces and patterns with photographic art of nature and landscape. Many fine art photography images and all series are created both in color and monochrome.
The award winning fine art photography series "dramatic skies" (monochrome and color), "blurry trees" (monochrome) and "seasons in the woods" (color) are very much dedicated to his first life as a graphic designer – always trying to find the balance between order and chaos.